Monday, October 14, 2013


Hi everyone!  It has not been a productive day on the "blog building boat".  :(  I've created/deleted/created/deleted and been so PISSED off that I decided to just vent a bit.  I've been surfing through the web, looking at other blogs and OMG...*head/desk* I'll never get mine to look like some of those. 
Anyhoo...there's a lot going on right now in the "Book World".  Amazon, KOBO and other booksellers are currently in the process of removing "certain" books from their sites.  It appears that Indie Authors are the primary ones being targeted if their books have terms that may indicate abusive or offensive material.  The problem is that no one knows what these words are.  This has direct impact not only to readers, having their choices removed, but this impacts the authors...Writing is their JOB.  *shaking my head*  Not sure how this is going to play out, but I am in support of all authors and readers.  Do I agree with everything written in books?  Of course not, but guess what?  I have a choice as to whether or not I want to buy that book.  What's next?  Seeing people burning Kindles on the news?  I mean, seriously people...Wake Up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment