Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful...what does it really mean?  To You?

Merriam-Webster defines thankful as:  conscious of benefit received; expressive of thanks and well pleased.  That covers a lot of ground, don't you think?  It could be as simple as thanking someone for opening a door, or as profound as thanking someone for saving your child's life.  Wow...such power a little eight letter word has. 

People reflect more on what they are thankful for at this time of year.  Seems to me, we should all be doing this every day!  I will be the first to admit that I do NOT do this.  It's so easy to get caught up in life.  Most days it's hard enough just to handle your job, family, house, pets, bills, and hundreds of other things that seem to pop up.  When are we supposed to have time to be thankful?   

Well, I'm going to try, and yes, I said TRY...to keep this feeling of thankfulness going throughout the year.  If it's just a simple thought, such as "I'm glad the sun is shining instead of raining", that runs through my scattered brain as I'm on the way to work, then that will do!  Of course, I hope to take more time and really think about what I'm thankful for each day...just not counting on being able to do that. 

I do want to say this...I'm VERY thankful for each and every friend I have.  Whether we've met in real life or only online, YOU mean a lot to me.
*additional note to my author friends*
I'm so very honored to call you friend, and I'm SO, SO, SOOOOO, THANKFUL that each of you share your beautiful gift of writing with those of us who, just read.  LATERS...

No comments:

Post a Comment