Sunday, October 18, 2015

I Wish I Could...

Hey peeps!
I've been stuck in YouTube land all afternoon.  I popped over to the site JUST to see if I could find a well rounded video to post here today.  O. M. G.   THAT was at 1:30 pm today.  Since I'm not clicking publish right this second, I'll tell y'all that the time on my laptop says 4:26 pm.  O. M. G.  I spent almost 3 freakin' hours on YouTube. 

Anyway...I'm finally here and it's time to tell y'all what Evil Tammy's Weekend Wish is.

Ready?

Evil Tammy's wish is...*drum roll please*

IRELAND:

I know...sounds kind of funny when it's just thrown out there, doesn't it?  But, I want to go to Ireland, see everything, do everything, maybe even not come back. Ireland is #1 on my 'bucket list'.  And on this wish...I'm greedy.  I don't want to take a quick week trip and be rushed.  Nope...no way.  I want to go for a minimum of 2 weeks and would thank my 'lucky Irish stars' if I could stay longer, maybe a month?  *sigh*

http://amzn.to/1MNlYzUhttp://amzn.to/1MNlBFFY'all might be wondering why Ireland is my wish...my #1.  Well, I'll just try to explain.  I think my love affair with Ireland started WAY back in the 80s when I first read Nora Roberts' Irish ThoroughbredThrow in her Irish Born Trilogy starting withBorn in Fire and her Gallaghers of Armore Trilogy, with Jewels of the Sun starting it off and I was 100% completely hooked.
http://amzn.to/1PrFx2p

 
http://amzn.to/1khGtcX
 And THEN, she has Eve fall in love with Roarke...guess what?  He's IRISH!  So THAT was the icing on the cake.  Every single one of her J. D. Robb In Death books just pulled me more and more into the 'dark side'!  LOL 

Although the brilliant Nora Roberts started my craving for Ireland, her books are not the only reason I want to go.  Every photo, video, movie that has anything to do with Ireland just reaches out and touches me.  Those beautiful rolling green hills, angry seas, jagged cliffs, and lovely local pubs just talk to me.  The addition of the Irish Folklore is just gravy.  I mean, seriously...witches, faeries, leprechauns, banshees, selkies, ghosts, haunted castles...they all just make me wonder...'What if?'

Castles...haunted, stately, gothic...Irish castles exude the romantic feel of this beautiful place.  They evoke magical visions of brave warriors, fair maidens and even scary dungeons.

Irish superstitions/beliefs...we all know about the lucky four-leaf clovers, throwing salt over your shoulder if you spill it, horse shoes for good luck, and of course the 'luck of the Irish'.  But did you know that if a woman sees seven white horses in one day then the next man she sees will be her true love?  SEE...that's just super cool to me. There are tons of Irish superstitions, beliefs, old wives tales...and I just LOVE the fact that they exist.

Again...my brain (and heart) simply asks...'What if'?

Here's a few pics of some of the places I want to experience personally.

Blarney Castle (The Blarney Stone)








Carrick-a-Rede Bridge

Cliffs of Mohr




Trinity College Library (Dublin)  

Kylemore Abbey










Poulnabrone Dolmen in the Burren, County Clare

The Rock of Cashel, Tipperary Ireland   

Here's the video I FINALLY chose.  (after looking at a gazillion)  Anyway...it shows the beauty of Ireland that I want to see in person!




I hope y'all have enjoyed Evil Tammy's Weekend Wish and hopefully now Ireland is on each of your 'wish/bucket' lists.


♥♥♥LATERS♥♥♥

No comments:

Post a Comment